Melanie’s HOPE (Help Our Pets Endure) makes an annual donation to a West Virginia non-profit animal organization. This process is initiated by the prospective organization submitting an application. This is the application page. Begin the process by reading through the Requirements section to ensure your organization qualifies. If your organization qualifies, click on the hyperlink below to print or download the form. Please follow the submittal instructions provided.
Prospective applicants, registration will open on February 1, 2016. All applications must be emailed to email@example.com by June 1, 2016. Any applications turned in after that date will not be considered.
To print or download the form click here…HOPE application
1. Applicant must be an animal rescue or animal welfare organization.
2. Applicant must be a 501(c)(3) IRS non-profit or have submitted your IRS 1023 form to the IRS.
3. Applicant must operate within the State of West Virginia.
RULES FOR APPLICATION PROCESS:
1. Application must be completed in full. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
2. Application must be submitted in accordance with instructions by the due date.
3. Application must be submitted by an authorized representative of the organization.
RECIPIENT SELECTION PROCESS:
1. All properly submitted applications are collected and reviewed by Melanie’s HOPE (Help Our Pets Endure) selection committee.
2. The Review Committee selects the top 3 applicants based on their review.
3. The Board reviews and ranks the top 3 applicants.
4. The Board then selects the Recipient from the top 3 applications.
5. The Recipient will be contacted via the information provide on the application.
6. If the Recipient cannot be reached or fails to respond within 7 calendar days, the next ranked applicant will become the Recipient and notified accordingly, and so on.
7. In the event the Recipient from the top 3 cannot be reached, the money will be held and added to the donation for the following year’s Recipient.